What is NCPACE Distance Learning (DL)?
NCPACE DL is one of the Navy's educational financial assistance programs. It provides eligible active duty Sailors funding for tuition costs for courses taken in an off-duty status at a college, university, or vocational/technical institution, whose regional or national accreditation is recognized by the US Department of Education.
NCPACE DL provides independent study/distance learning courses that are stand-alone and do not require internet access. Associate, bachelor's, and master's-level courses may be offered in semester hours or quarter hours (NAVADMIN 105/10).
Who is Eligible?
NCPACE DL is available to active duty Sailors, IAs/OSAs/GSAs serving OCONUS and the following Naval Reservists:
- Enlisted Naval Reservists ordered to active duty for 120 days or more.
- Naval Reserve Officers ordered to active duty for two years beyond the course term end date.
To qualify, Sailors must:
- be assigned to a command with a type 2 or 4 Unit Identification Code (UIC) or be an active duty IA/OSA/GSA serving OCONUS for the duration of the course term.
- be on active duty for the duration of the course term.
- receive counseling from a Navy College Education Counselor (Navy College Office or the Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC)).
- provide grades from all previous NCPACE DL and TA funded courses and reimburse all collectable grades. (Withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted an indebtedness waiver.)
- agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of the course(s) term end date. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. If the officer does not wish to remain on active duty to complete the obligation and the Navy agrees to release him/her, the officer will be required to reimburse the NCPACE/TA funds expended during the last two years of active duty on a pro-rated basis.
What is Covered?
- NCPACE DL may be used for the available courses listed in the NCPACE DL catalog in My Education . Once you login to My Education, select the NCPACE icon.
- NCPACE DL will cover only tuition.
- NCPACE DL does NOT cover books and materials, Academic Institution (AI) fees, nor retakes of the same course. Please check with your institution regarding any fees or other costs.
- NCPACE DL will not fund your course(s) if you leave the service before the course ends, you quit the course(s) for reasons other than personal illness, military transfer or mission requirements, or if you fail the course(s). In the event one of these situations occurs, you will have to provide reimbursement for any funds already paid.
What are the Caps?
In accordance with NAVADMIN 127/18, effective 1 JUN 2018, there is a fiscal year cap of $4500 per individual.
This fiscal year cap applies to both NCPACE DL and Tuition Assistance (TA) combined.
Payment for tuition will not exceed the following caps:
- $250.00 per semester hour
- $166.67 per quarter hour
- $16.67 per clock hour (for approved certificate/diploma programs only)
What is My Education/WebTA/NCPACE DL?
My Education is the central module for Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Tuition Assistance and Navy NCPACE DL processing. Service members submit NCPACE DL applications via the My Education module each time NCPACE DL tuition funding is requested for a specific term. If your courses have a different term beginning and/or ending date, you must submit each course on a separate NCPACE DL application. The My Education module is accessed through the Navy College Program website.