Sailor Responsibilities


Sailors using NCPACE Distance Learning (DL) tuition funding have specific responsibilities to ensure their courses are funded through NCPACE DL. It is your responsibility to report any and all course changes to the Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC) to ensure your NCPACE DL voucher is accurate. Additionally, you are expected to earn passing grades (C or higher for undergraduate and B or higher for graduate) and must reimburse NCPACE DL funds for any collectable grades. This section will help guide you through specific issues that may arise as you complete your courses.

Course Changes

NCPACE DL vouchers are issued for each specific course, section, and term. If anything changes regarding a course for which you have been approved, it will affect your NCPACE DL funding if it is not reported properly. It is imperative that all course changes (course number, course title, term dates, tuition, etc.) be reported immediately to the NCVEC to prevent grading and billing issues.

Dropping a Course

If you receive an authorized NCPACE DL voucher and then drop the course before the academic institution's add/drop deadline, contact the NCVEC to request NCPACE DL cancellation.

If you receive a "W" grade, a waiver of the reimbursement policy may be requested via your Chain of Command. The withdrawal must be for one of the following reasons:

  • Permanent Change of Station
  • Temporary Additional Duty
  • Emergency Leave
  • Operational Commitments
  • Hospitalization

To receive a waiver, use a Help Requestsmall square with diagonal arrow extending from it to upload a letter on command letterhead that is endorsed and signed by a member of the command triad. Be sure to select the TA/NCPACE DL Policy Waivers category. If you have questions, contact TA Accounting at 1-877-838-1659 or DSN: 492-4684 (choose option 6).

Requesting a Course Extension

To request a course extension, submit documentation from the school reflecting a course extension has been authorized. Include the original course dates and the new extension date in your correspondence. Send request to TA Accounting using the Help Requestsmall square with diagonal arrow extending from it to upload your documentation. If you have questions call TA Accounting at 1-877-838-1659 or DSN: 492-4684 (choose option 6).

Making changes on Your NCPACE Distance Learning (DL) Voucher

To amend an authorized NCPACE DL voucher (course number, course title, term dates, etc.), submit a VOLED Assistance Center Help Requestsmall square with diagonal arrow extending from it to prevent grading/billing issues.

Course Completion Responsibilities

After completing a course, ensure the academic institution has posted your grade electronically in the Academic Institution Module (AIM). Once posted, you will be able to see it at the Academic Courses section of your Joint Services Transcript (JST). Per the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU), academic institutions are required to submit service funded grades.

Reporting Your Grades

If a grade is missing more than 30 days from the term completion date, submit a grade report or unofficial transcript to TA Accounting:

Submit a Help Requestsmall square with diagonal arrow extending from it and select category "TA/NCPACE DL Grades and Billing"

850-473-6401/6402 DSN prefix 753

Commanding Officer
NETPDC TA Accounting N83
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5241

Grade reports are usually obtainable through your student account. Note that if you fail to report your grades, you and your command will receive letters from the Navy requesting your grade or reimbursement for the NCPACE DL funding. If you do not respond, the amount of your NCPACE DL funding will be withdrawn from your pay.

Wait at least one week after you submit your grade, then visit either ‘My Education’ or the Joint Services Transcriptsmall square with diagonal arrow extending from it website to verify the grade appears (on the Academic Courses page of your JST). (If you submit grades via mail, you may need to wait longer.) Allow sufficient time for the grades to be processed before taking any further action.

If you fail or do not complete a course, see Reimbursement to the Navy for NCPACE DL Funding on the Navy College Reimbursement and Waivers page, because you may need to reimburse NCPACE DL funding.