What is NCPACE Instructor Led (IL)?
The Navy has contracted with Central Texas College, which is regionally accredited, to provide academic skills, developmental and college level courses that can assist with college preparation or help you work towards an undergraduate degree. IL courses are provided in a traditional classroom format at your command. The courses, location and class schedules are determined by your command.
Who is Eligible?
NCPACE IL is available to active duty Sailors and the following Naval Reservists:
- Enlisted Naval Reservists ordered to active duty for 120 days or more.
- Naval Reserve Officers ordered to active duty for two years beyond the course term end date.
To qualify, Sailors must:
- be assigned to a participating NCPACE IL command for the duration of the course term.
- be on active duty for the duration of the course term.
- receive counseling from a Navy College Education Counselor (Navy College Office or the Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC).
- agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of the course(s) term end date. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. If the officer does not wish to remain on active duty to complete the obligation and the Navy agrees to release him/her, the officer will be required to reimburse the NCPACE /TA funds expended during the last two years of active duty on a pro-rated basis.
What is Covered?
NCPACE IL provides courses at the academic skills, developmental and lower division undergraduate levels as listed in the NCPACE IL Catalog.
- NCPACE IL will only cover tuition.
- NCPACE IL does not cover books and course materials, with the exception of the academic skills courses.
- You may enroll in a maximum of two (2) courses per term.
- If you do not successfully complete your NCPACE IL course, you will not be authorized to retake the course again using NCPACE or Tuition Assistance (TA) funds. A Command Supported withdrawal or "WX" grade is the only exception that will allow you to retake the course.
What are the Caps?
There are currently no fiscal year or semester hour caps with the use of NCPACE IL. Tuition is funded at 100% and the Navy pays by course not by individual Sailor. The minimum class size is 10 Sailors and your command must request at least two sections/classes in the same discipline.